Tales of Magic and the Mundane
Hello and welcome to the forum! If you are a returning member, Log In below, or if you are new, Please, Register below, and see the Rules of the forum, and when you've read them, feel free to head over to the Registry to make a character! Good Luck!
Hello and welcome to the forum! If you are a returning member, Log In below, or if you are new, Please, Register below, and see the Rules of the forum, and when you've read them, feel free to head over to the Registry to make a character! Good Luck!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Original RPG Forum set in its own unique universe. Please, feel free to Register or review the rules. We are currently accepting all races of OCs, and welcome new members.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Avagant

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:
Race: Keaton

Avagant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 10:41 pm

when Kyuubi and Daybreak caught up to the group, Daybreak walked up to where the rest of his friends were while Kyuubi was stopped by Desire who fell back to the back of the crowd "How's he doing Kyuubi?" she asked. Kyuubi looked at her "I...I don't know actually..." he looked at Daybreak, his smile still present as he looked up to the sky "I don't think he even knows how he's doing..." he tilted his head slightly and sighed a little. Daybreak closed his eyes as he looked at the sky and he spread out his arms "it's beautiful out here." he said "Yeah, now that I think about it, we haven't gotten a whiff of fresh air in forever really" Tide remarked "It does feel nice to actually be able to enjoy the environment for once." Life said, he was admiring the flowers Tanalitu had been tending to.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet
Organization: Sages of Edgarix, Pantheon of Edgarix
Race: Rax
Rank: Sage of Lackluster, Hegemon of the Rax, Avatar of Two Gods

Avagant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 10:44 pm

"Time to hit the road." Adjusting his backpack, Tanalitu begins to walk down a path not too away from his house towards the large settlement on the far away horizon. Tanalitu seems content, despite the obviously long journey ahead.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

Avagant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2021 7:03 pm

"Right, off too...Wait, did he say where we will be going?" Sky said, he turned to look at The Hollow, who simply looked up at him and tilted it's head in confusion. Tide took a deep breath in and let out a sigh, "The air may be different here, but it's still more relaxing than the strange rooms we battled through to get here. Gotta say, I am liking it here" He put his hands on his hips "Perhaps I should set up another castle here, that might be fun." He laughed "Well you can't right now, were going...Somewhere" Sky replied. "Speaking of, you all should probably move before our 'tour guide' gets too far away for you to follow." Syrix interjects "'you all'?" Desire said, turning to Syrix "What, are you not planning on coming with us?" Desire crossed her arms "What? no! I'm coming with you, it's just that I don't have to worry about following because Kyuubi will be carrying me. Right Kyuubi?" Syrix turned and looked up at Kyuubi with a smile. Kyuubi looked at Syrix with a blank expression "I could just drop you on the grass and have you slither behind us." he replied, "alternatively I could just roll you up into a ball and kick you all the way there" Kyuubi Smirked. Syrix's head lowered and his smile vanished "Well we should all get a move on before he gets to far away!" Syrix said with a forced smile, Kyuubi laughed and Desire chuckled a little "The snake is right. lets go." Desire said. The group followed behind Tanalitu down the road towards the distant town.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

Avagant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2021 7:11 pm

Tanalitu seems to be enjoying himself but pretty soon falls silent and simply walks onwards. The occasional root in the path would otherwise provide a tripping hazard, he is able to avoid obstacles and continue his walk, despite his trance-like state.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

Avagant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2021 7:22 pm

The group walked onward behind Tanalitu. "But seriously though. Did he say where we were going and I just forgot? or...?" Sky asked "If it means that much to you, why don't you just ask him?" Life gestured to Tanalitu "Well...he seemed kinda busy, and I don't want to seem like a jerk for not listening if he did say..." Sky looked away and shrugged "Sky." Shade says as he turns to look at him. Sky sighs and picks up the pace to catch up with Tanalitu "Forgive me...er...sir, but I am not sure whether I forgot or what but...could you inform me of...uh...where we're going?" he asks "Smooth." Tide comments "Oh, give him a break, he's trying his hardest." Desire replied, though she seemed to be amused by this exchange.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

Avagant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2021 7:33 pm

Tanalitu stops for a moment and slightly after that, Tanalitu responds by raising his hand and pointing at a city far off in the distance. It appears as though the group has gotten no progress on their journey. Once more Tanalitu begins his walk and pretty soon after that, he again falls into his travel trance.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

Avagant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2021 7:46 pm

Sky looked over at the destination and smiled nervously "R-right...Thanks..." Sky falls back to the rest of the group. "Hey...is it just me or is he acting a bit...how do I say this...weird?" Sky whispered to Life "He is acting a bit strange I suppose..." Life put a hand up to his chin "It's almost like he's fixated on something..." "either that or he's got nothing on his mind" Tide yawned. Some of the group turned to look at Tide "What? you guys ever just stair into space?" He says looking a bit confused "Oh, sure. Kyuubi does it all the time." Syrix pats his tail against Kyuubi "Actually that's not entirely wrong" Kyuubi chuckled. Daybreak kept walking, he did not speak a word as he walked, he seemed to just be enjoying the walk itself, the Hollow strolled along beside him. Desire locked her eyes on the distant city "you think we're getting any closer? I feel sort of like we're getting nowhere." Desire asked "Are we? I haven't really been paying attention." Tide said, he put his arms up and stretched.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

Avagant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2021 7:50 pm

Tanalitu keeps walking. The city in the distance appears to not be getting any closer. In fact, nothing in the distant scenery appears to be changing due to travel at all.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

Avagant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2021 7:59 pm

Desire looks confused "How long have we been walking?" Desire asked "I haven't been keeping track" Shade replied, he closed his eyes and took a deep sigh "You all are stressing too much. we'll get there eventually right?" Tide smiled "Just gotta keep walking" Life sighed "I suppose I can't argue with that. Tanalitu lives here, so he would know the best way to get there, right?" Life turned to look at the others. Kyuubi looked at Tanalitu "I'm going to assume that that statement is correct." he said. Kyuubi looked up to the clouds "We'll get there when we get there...wherever it is we might be going." He thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

Avagant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2021 8:02 pm

Tanalitu continues. It feels although the group has been walking for hours. Strangely, not even the sun has moved. Even the shadows have stayed the same.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

Avagant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2021 8:13 pm

Desire looks between the group members "Perhaps it would be better just to stop worrying..." Desire looks around, noticing the lack of change in the scenery. "Might make things less confusing..." She looks at Life "Perhaps once we get to...wherever...our guide could possibly provide some clarity." Life responds "I think I'll just take a nap. Just wake me when we get there." Shade closes his eyes but he continues to walk onward. Sky leans back in a sitting position and begins to levitate, though he still continues to keep up with the group's pace "That doesn't sound like a bad idea...though I suppose some of us should stay awake." Sky looked at Shade.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

Avagant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2021 8:26 pm

Suddenly, the group finds itself in the shadow of the giant doors of a massive wall. The group had some how made it to the city. A small window on the right door opens up and a man’s voice echoes through. “Well hello Tanalitu. Have your pass?”. Tanalitu holds up a page. “Good. And I take it these folks are with you?”. Tanalitu gives a smile and nods. “Okay well take care folks.” The window closes and the giant doors begin to open just enough to allow the group to walk through.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

Avagant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2021 8:31 pm

Desire nearly walked into the door itself before stopping short, now realizing that there even was one there. Sky tapped Shade "H-hey, um...I think we're there." He looked up at the door. Syrix looked genuinely confused and looked back at where the group had come from and now where they were "But...wait...we just...huh?" He crossed his eyes "Wow, Time sure flies when you're not paying attention to it." Tide chuckled.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

Avagant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2021 8:43 pm

Tanalitu smiles to the group. “Thats the key to travel in Avagant. Not everyone knows it, which can make it dangerous, but just stick with me and we can go places.” The group walk through the main gate and right into a bustling town. Humans out and about with their business and not too far away, Tanalitu appears to be walking towards a series of shops, with the first one being a butcher. “I got to make a few stops and start my next errands, but feel free to tag along or do your own thing.”
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

Avagant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2022 7:50 pm

The group all looked around at the hustle and bustle in the town, watching as the people went about their days and all the places they were visiting, all except Daybreak who seemed almost half asleep somehow as he seemed to be staring into space rather than at anything in particular, though none of the group seemed to notice. "If it weren't for the difference in the air, I could easily mistaken this place for where we were before...well..." Kyuubi said as he observed the surroundings. "well, do you like this flavored air or do you prefer the taste of the air back home?" Syrix asked sarcastically too which Kyuubi looked down at him "I don't know, I haven't decided yet." He replied with a smirk. "mister...er...Ta-nali-tu." Desire said looking over at Tanalitu "am I saying that right?" She muttered to herself before continuing "these errands you have, would you perhaps like some friendly assistance with them?" Desire said smiling and putting her arms behind her back. Kyuubi glanced over at her before looking at Tanalitu "after all, you were ever so helpful to us back at your home. It would be the least we could do to pay some of your hospitality back." Desire looked over at Kyuubi for a moment, still smiling, though she nodded slightly as though there was some unspoken understanding between them, Kyuubi nodded in return.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

Avagant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2022 8:12 pm

Tanalitu thinks for a moment. "If you want to help, sure." He pulls out a long roll of paper, which extends to the ground. "Let's see... I need meat from the butcher, fish from the fisherman, bread from the baker, wax from the wax-smith, eggs and milk from the rancher." Tanalitu pulls on the paper to straighten it out. "I need to deliver a crate of goods to the Transyl Provence. I need to get some incense from the cathedral. I have to keep an ear out incase I am suddenly required to meet with some interesting folks." Tanalitu takes a breath. "I need to pick up deliveries and I need to keep another ear out for my friends to invite them to dinner." Tanalitu rolls up the page. "Pick your poison or stick with me."
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

Avagant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2022 10:12 pm

Everyone stands very still for a moment as they attempt process what just transpired. "Y-you know what, maybe sticking with you might be a better option..." Desire scratches the back of her neck "I'm not exactly sure I'd even know where to start given that this is our first visit..." Desire looked off to her left. "I dunno, I think a little solo adventuring might be a nice change of pace." Tide said stretching his arms "y'all wouldn't mind if I just took in the sights would ya?" he said as he continued to stretch. "'y'all'?" Sky said looking over at Tide "well I wouldn't mind taking in the sights-" Life starts "cool then we can solo adventure together!" Tide interrupted "However..." Life spoke up "we can do so while assisting our host. Tanalitu, if you'd be willing to point us in the right direction we'd be more than willing." Life says with a bow. Tide shrugged "eh, that works too I guess."
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

Avagant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2022 10:20 pm

Tanalitu sets down his bag and, after a quick rummage, hands Life a map. "I drew it myself, so as long as you read without seeing, you'll do just fine." Tanalitu also hands Tide a badge and sets a large crate on the ground. "We can't leave the city without this, but as long as you don't lose it, people will trust you. It belongs exclusively to me so as long as you have it, folks will know I sent you." He begins to walk towards the butcher's stand, manned by a smug woman brandishing a knife longer than Tanalitu's forearm. "You two can head to Transyl. A man named Frank will find you. Follow him and you can finalize the delivery."
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

Avagant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2022 10:40 pm

Life graciously accepts the map "Why, thank you, We'll be sure to take good care of this for you." Life says smiling, Tide admires the badge for a moment, nodding his head. "Any one else want to join us on our little quest?" Tide says looking at the others, to which the Hollow bounds over stopping just short of the crate as it begins sniffing the box, "Eager are we?" Tide says chuckling. "I guess I wouldn't mind." Shade says walking over to Life "Making sure we stay on track are we Shade?" Life said smiling slightly, Shade shrugs slightly. Sky looks at them for a moment before turning to face Desire "I think I'll just stick with you guys if that's alright." He says laughing a little "How about you Daybreak?" He turns to look at Daybreak who still appeared to be staring at nothing, "Daybreak?" Kyuubi said looking at him closer. Daybreak made a "Hmmnn?" sound as he blinked a couple times and looked up at Kyuubi, his face still looking a tad vacant "Y-you want to come with us?" Kyuubi said a little hesitantly, "wh-...oh s-sure." he replied blinking a couple more times before rubbing his right eye. Kyuubi leaned back slightly keeping his eyes on Daybreak. "Well if that's everybody sorted out then should we be off?" Tide said looking around.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

Avagant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2022 10:48 pm

Tanalitu was already striking up a conversation with the butcher, who was in the process of handing him wrapped meats. The two finished their conversation and Tanalitu moved to another booth, this time the wax-smith. The man was tall, skinny, and patched with wax, but he was far too busy for a conversation outside a simple wave. It isn't until Tanalitu suddenly stops and looks to his left that he says something. "You know... I do suppose it would be smarter to pick up the incense now that we're here instead of picking it up later." The cathedral displays impressive architecture and stained glass windows, though what faith that resides within seems completely up in the air. Tanalitu waves the remaining group members over and puts a finger to his lips to tell them to keep it down. He then proceeds to push open the heavy doors.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

Avagant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2022 5:21 pm

"wha-hey!" Kyuubi exclaimed "You know, he's pretty quick for someone with no eyes" Syrix said with a slight nod. Kyuubi took off after Tanalitu, Desire turned to look at the other group members "Uhh...good luck guys." She said with a smile before quickly following after Kyuubi. Sky held up a fist towards Life who, after a moment, gave him a quick fist bump "See you guys soon." He said before taking off after Desire. Daybreak blinked a couple times looking up to see Sky dash past, he collected his thoughts and began following at a slower pace than the others.
Once they had caught up with Tanalitu Kyuubi and Sky looked up at the building, Sky looks particularly interested in the stained glass. "I wonder..." Sky whispered.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

Avagant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2022 5:40 pm

When the doors had opened enough to enter, the group was nearly flattened by a wind. It seemed to only affect them, as Tanalitu did not pick up on it, nor did his own fur ruffle. This wind, this gale, this hurricane: it was beyond measure! Dare it be said, it could blow away the Edgarix Pantheon! Just as suddenly as it had started, it stopped as all was still about the group.

The cathedral was dimly lit and scarcely populated, with only a few people in the pews. Some are reading, some are praying. The glass windows within the room displayed not deities, but notions. A bountiful field, a torrent of rain, a full coffer, a bleeding hand, a gavel striking a block. These are but some of the pictures around the windows.

Tanalitu began to silently approach a cleric along a far wall, likely to meet with them. The group, however, was left to bathe in the scent of the room. It was a beautiful dance of conflicting smells. Mint and cinnamon perhaps or perhaps frankincense and brimstone? It was... alluring, intoxicating, and powerful. The smells has blended into the group's fur, and perhaps, their souls? It all seemed to come from the altar, which was decorated in offering. Food, riches, knowledge. Some people would rise and deposit tribute to the altar, but some would take from it. Floating slightly above the altar is the focal point of the room. The mass was black and white with an iridescent shine to it. It glistened in the light.

This lump of fur not only produced the smell, but it may be the source of the power the remaining members of the group felt as the doors opened.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

Avagant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2022 6:00 pm

The group stand for a moment as they try to recover themselves and figure out what had just happened. Kyuubi brushed himself off and looked around without stepping forward. He began sniffing the air as he observed the building "...The air here is...different from before..." He said as he slowly looked at the alter "Could it be the smells that gave it away?" Syrix said sarcastically "That's not exactly it...there's just something...something..." Kyuubi began walking forward, slower than before. Sky entered as well alongside Desire who was taking in the sent also. Daybreak stood in the doorway, though he did not enter, instead he backed up and looked up at the Cathedral from the outside with a strange fascination. Kyuubi approached the alter at a respectable distance, just close enough to get a good look at it, and he examined it closer. Sky looked at the depictions that were decorating the inside of the cathedral, observing them closely as he slowly withdrew what appeared to be a notebook and a pencil. He opened the book to a blank page and began writing something down as he glanced up at the windows.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

Avagant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2022 6:14 pm

Tanalitu had begun a quiet conversation with the cleric, but from the looks of it, Tanalitu had exchanged some money for a small sack. At the altar, Kyuubi has noticed an odd bit of tribute. It was a purple piece of chalk. Something about it was familiar. Kyuubi's sharp eyes had also noticed that the lump of fur seemed to be... breathing?
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

Avagant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2022 5:53 pm

Kyuubi stepped back after noticing the movement, He looked at it in confusion and interest. He walked around the alter and over to where Tanalitu was, keeping his eyes on the alter and the fur lump all the while. "Tanalitu, when you have a moment..." he said in a hushed tone. Desire had stepped over to where Sky stood and looked at the book before looking up at Sky, "Caught your interest did they?" She whispered to Sky, who reflexively jumped "Gnh-! Don't sneak up on me like that!" he pulled the book close to his chest "You know I don't like people looking over my shoulder while I'm sketching!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Avagant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avagant
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tales of Magic and the Mundane :: Limbo and Practice RP :: Limbo Zone-
Jump to: