Tales of Magic and the Mundane
Hello and welcome to the forum! If you are a returning member, Log In below, or if you are new, Please, Register below, and see the Rules of the forum, and when you've read them, feel free to head over to the Registry to make a character! Good Luck!
Hello and welcome to the forum! If you are a returning member, Log In below, or if you are new, Please, Register below, and see the Rules of the forum, and when you've read them, feel free to head over to the Registry to make a character! Good Luck!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Original RPG Forum set in its own unique universe. Please, feel free to Register or review the rules. We are currently accepting all races of OCs, and welcome new members.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Avagant

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:
Race: Keaton

Avagant - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2023 10:30 pm

The Hollow blinked a couple times and tilted it's head "Hyrax?" it said "no, not Hyrax..." it looked at the cloaked figure and began walking further into the veil until only its tail was on the other side. Tide stayed where he was but observed quietly as the Hollow slowly advanced.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet
Organization: Sages of Edgarix, Pantheon of Edgarix
Race: Rax
Rank: Sage of Lackluster, Hegemon of the Rax, Avatar of Two Gods

Avagant - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2023 10:39 pm

The figure continued to attach wires until it turned to a screen and began to watch it. Its humming stopped and began to mutter to itself. It checked the many other screens and seemed content with some and concerned for others. "Subject designated 33586729:25463 is a variant of the 33586729 classification. Monitoring vital signs. Normally I would not have such an instance here, but given the relative time issue present here, subject 33586729:25463 is rendered inert and unresponsive to stimuli." It has a boy's voice and is speaking to himself.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

Avagant - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2023 11:03 pm

It is at this point that the Hollow walks all the way into the veil, looking up and around at the screens to see if it could see what was on them. Tide peeked back through the veil behind him to see what everyone else was doing for a brief moment before sticking more of his upper body through the veil to get a closer look at what was going on around this new environment.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

Avagant - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2023 11:08 pm

The Hollow approached. The screens were showing various things all happening. One was a looping clip of Tanalitu reading a book (could he even do that)? Another was of the Hollow standing there looking at the screens? Was that Lewis fighting the camera on that one over there? That one just showed Kyuubi and the rest of the group leave the cathedral? Were these screens showing what the group was up to in real time? The person spoken softly to the Hollow. "You're not exactly the one I thought I'd be meeting, but I suppose you'll have to do."
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

Avagant - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2023 11:29 pm

The Hollow processed what was happening slowly, but realized just before the cloaked person spoke. It whipped around to look at the cloaked person, it's stance more defensive now. Tide stopped moving halfway through the veil, and he remained very still for a moment before backing up slowly and quietly. The Hollow looks intently at the stranger, attempting to analyze the situation and the new face, because right now, it doesn't look great to it.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

Avagant - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2023 11:38 pm

"I am a rare variant of a rare variant. Designated 9263729:62737837. I suppose in more mundane terms, I am The Observer, a variant of the Glitch-Warped variant of the Sage known as a Xandrax." The Observer bows to the Hollow. "I am no combatant in these events most interesting. I can be neither your foe nor your friend. I am but a spectator in your game. I have seen many a thing, and learned more than most ever could." The Observer turns to Deltrax's Robe and the Hollow notices something: the robe is damaged and looks remarkably evil. There is no one inside and the robe's insides are covered in sharp teeth. Nearby, a sinister looking mannequin sits in a chair and large, twisted metallic hands lay on the floor. Wires come out of these objects too. "Lewis really did a number on this one, don't you think?"
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

Avagant - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2023 7:31 pm

The Hollow looked around, it maintained its defensive posture, it gazed at this so called 'observer' with an vacant stare. Tide backed out of the room, disappearing behind the veil for a moment before peeking his head back through and slowly advancing like before. The Hollow continued to look at this stranger "you...watching us..." it glanced at one of the screens "why watching us?" it asked, looking back at the observer, tilting it's head ever so slightly.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

Avagant - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2023 8:01 pm

"I was originally watching this dimension's 49729 so see where his destiny would lead. Would it have become that which is designated 49729:787464-7855729 or perhaps even a 49729:3673729? Sadly, it we'll never know." The Observer turned to the Hollow. "My attention was shifted the day Kyuubi somehow convinced 49729 to allow your group into the Ancient Realm. I was bewildered. What influence does your kind have? What changes can be made to one's destiny upon the interactions with your companions?" The Observer walks around the "robes" of Deltrax and adjusts the wires coming off of it. "Influence is a powerful tool. A tool to make tools. Tools into pieces, and now the game continues. Do you know what happened to this one? It was pushed to reset time time and time again, forced to allow the sick fantasy of domination and destruction, helpless otherwise and whose will was broken and dissolved, whose mind was lost to ages irredeemable and a shell of the former sage." The Observer looks to the Hollow, and begins to speak in a sad voice. "Sunset has influence on Daybreak. The Belphagor's Prime has influence over the Morningstar. She has influence over This. I had nothing to do with the events that have transpired, but I have seen it. And when one sees as much as I have, one sees patterns."
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

Avagant - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2023 10:10 pm

The Hollow's stare drifted as it was now staring at...well nothing in particular. It looked although it was trying to process this whole situation or what it was being told and was trying to determine how to respond. It blinked a couple times before glancing up to one of the screens and then turning its attention to the Observer "...what?" it asked blinking in confusion.
"Not exactly sure how I feel about having an audience watching my every move from behind a screen." Tide said as he was entering the room, the Hollow turned its head around to look at Tide. Tide wasclosely followed by Life and Shade who were both looking around the room, intrigued and confused. He looked up at one of the screens and, Seeing himself on it, he began nodding and checking himself out "But I hope the show has been good at least." Tide winked at himself and chuckled.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

Avagant - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2023 10:31 pm

"I must say it was entertaining, and I have learned much." The Observer grabs a staff. Out of the top of it, data flows like fire. He points to a screen with the staff. The video changes, now showing the Creative Destruction, the exhaustion of the Morningstar, and the small celebration that followed. The story of 49729 has two ways to tell it. It goes as such: Two Became One. One and One is Two. One of Two is Two Became Two and One. Two and One Became Three Became One. Or perhaps you like the other version: Two Became One. One and One is Two. One of Two is Two Became Two and One. Two and One Became Three Became None of Three." The Observer looks sad as the video now shows the emergence of the evil Katie, the destruction of both the Belphegor's Prime and the Morningstar's fall into Lewis' arms. "When one reaches a level beyond the pantheon, already complicated notions become yet more complicated. What happens when deities splice together with mortal Sages and Commanders? What happens when Aspects and Commanders fuse together? What happens when an entity, be it Sage or otherwise, is driven to a breaking point far beyond all other breaking points? What happens when there is no going back? What does it look like when one’s power now exceeds the confines of their home dimension wherein their influence now grows like a mold across creation, existent or otherwise?" The Observer let go of his staff, which stood on its own. He holds a hand out to the video with Lewis fighting. "What happened after this? The Bane of Paradoxes appeared here shortly after you beat it!" The video cuts out, leaving static for a moment, before the event is played out again. "What befell you, Champion?!"

Last edited by Hyrax on Mon May 15, 2023 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

Avagant - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2023 11:58 pm

The members of the group all look rather confused to varying degrees, "497..." Tide looked down at his hands and started holding up different numbers as he said them. "2 became 1...1 of 2 is..." he stopped and looked up at the Observer "2 and 1...became 3...1...You really like numbers dont you? You must be speaking some kind of code or something because all of what you just said makes Zero sense" Tide shrugged dropping his hands to his sides. The Hollow looked even more confused than before "Big words...numbers..." the Hollow blinked a couple times before looking up at the Observer again "you...say you not expecting Hollow..." it shook its head "Expecting someone?" it sat down and swayed its head to the other side.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

Avagant - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2023 6:24 am

"Two became One: The remains of Corruption and the Morningstar form a Hyrax. Hyrax and a designated champion, one and one, become two, a duo. Remember, Hyrax has always been two people, so the duo is really a duo with the champion added on, so you get one of two is two and one. The last line changes depending on the circumstances a Hyrax and champion come together. Its worthless to explain further. This dimension's Hyrax is gone. The story has been cut short." The Observer turns to the Hollow, studying it for a moment. "Kyuubi was the one I was hoping to speak to. I am breaking my rules even allowing the chance for me to be found by those I am watching, let alone interacting with them. But seeing as you are here, I will impart my message to you instead."
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

Avagant - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2023 2:36 pm

The Hollow mimicked the Observer's motions, studying them back before speaking again. "Kyuubi?" it tilted it's head again "Why you want Kyuubi?" Life stepped forward slightly "I was wondering the same thing actually..." he looked at the screen with Kyuubi on it "among...other things..." he crossed his arms. "because of his influence" Tide chimed in, Shade and Life looked at him  "am I right? 'Observer'?" he smirked for a brief moment.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

Avagant - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2023 4:14 pm

"Tide is absolutely correct. Kyuubi, whether he realizes it or not, is the reason you are standing here today as opposed to whatever else you would have been doing if you had not met him, and by extension, if you had not met a Hyrax." The Observer grows a little more serious now. "Something is happening in this dimension and it is worrisome." At this point, the screens all shift to still images of various quality. A giant stone statue of a grumpy man blocking someone's front door. The silhouette of a fairy colliding with the ground, causing a massive explosion. A giant genie bottle in the middle of a desert, surrounded by a field of charred or frozen bodies. A black sphinx grinning wickedly in a cave of ice. A blurry photo of something emerging from a lake around a town. A picture of Fate from the cathedral. A picture of the stone statue in the middle of The Great Nation. A picture of the entity in the middle of the courtyard just outside Frank's house. "The Primordials are growing restless and weary. Something is happening here on Avagant. I do not know what it is. It evades my sight. Another world I have had my eyes on for a while is also being affected. The symbiotic relationships of the world are shifting. Edgarix is struggling immensely too. In your game, keep track of your pieces, and the pieces of your enemies. I am just a spectator. I refuse to play. Tell Kyuubi he must not become a piece in someone else's game. He must be a rallying force for you all. His influence has drastically changed the course of many, many lives and forces exist out there that may try to exert their influence onto him."
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

Avagant - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2023 6:09 pm

Everyone stands quiet for a moment before the silence is broken by Life "Im not entirely sure I understand what is going on, or what exactly you're talking about..." he scratched the back of his head and turned to look at one of the screens. He stared at the image and continued "Primordials?...something is happening?... it's all just...""siya kumxelela" the Hollow interrupted. Life looked down to the Hollow in more confusion "w-what?" he asked, but the Hollow did not answer, instead it looked directly at the Observer's eyes, "Kyuubi...Hyrax..." the Hollow continued "both...close..." it lifted a paw up to the gaping black hole in its chest "Hyrax...Hyrax gone...Kyuubi...not yet..." the Hollow stood up and dropped its paw back to the ground, it looked almost sad but it kept looking at the Observer "Kyuubi in danger? Kyuubi at risk?" it looked over at the other three briefly "Hollow...not lose another..." it said turning back to the Observer "not to anyone...". Tide Life and Shade stared at the Hollow "...you...you never cease to amaze me...little buddy..." Tide chuckled.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

Avagant - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2023 6:32 pm

The Observer goes silent as the screens return to their normal broadcast for a moment before showing new scenes. Tanalitu sipping from a bowl of iridescent liquids. The handle of a jack-in-the-box turning at a slow rate. Deltrax's robe attacking the Observer. Daybreak facing down Sunset. A shackled Kyuubi breathing out a dense smoke. Life and Shade enjoying a cup of tea with two strangers. Someone on a ship whose shadow looks like a large bird. The hilt of a sword sticking out of a wall near some barrels. Tanalitu finding a puzzle piece. "I do not know what the future holds, but the Bane of Paradoxes is still a Deltrax, even if corrupted, which will allow us to see potential futures. I do not know what is true and what is false. But what I do know is if you lot can work together..." All screen now show the finale to the showdown with the Morningstar. "Nothing really stands much of a chance, does it?"
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

Avagant - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2023 5:34 pm

The group watched the screens as they changed, looking between them all as they listened. Tide Life and Shade all reacted differently to each image but the Hollow's expression didn't change as it watched "Alone, is weakness...together, is strength." The Hollow watched Daybreak and Sunset on the screen preform Creative Destruction "Way of Hollow is by way of a pack..." it closed its eyes and it seemed to sigh "and a pack always looks out of one another. Isnt that right?" Tide spoke up, he kneeled down and placed a hand on the Hollow's head, to which the Hollow perked up and looked up at Tide "You're part of our pack buddy. And So is Kyuubi." Tide looked up at the Observer, grinning "You know, for someone who 'refuses to play' you must realize how what you're saying impacts the game, right?" Tide stands back up taking a step closer to the Observer "Everything you're telling us... all of what you're showing us...surly you see the weight and influence of it all on those of us players?" he gestured to himself "as a fellow 'observer' I'm aware of the impact my presence in the game I'm watching is. The knowledge of my existence alone as a spectator is enough to change the game and how its played..." Tide, crossing his arms, took another step closer "...But if that's true...then why would a spectator, such as myself, go out of their way to warn the players of the opposition? Why else...unless perhaps...they had a stake in the game?" Tide lifted a hand up to his chin and his expression became more analytical and smug. He leaned to the side as he continued "You're not non-bias clearly...you're rooting for our team after all...but then what do you gain from siding with us despite your refusal to participate? Better yet...what do you lose if you don't? And what could possibly be so tremendously terrible that you, a watcher who would never engage with the very players they root for, would now, of all times, reveal themselves to them to warn them to protect their most valuable member?" Tide paused briefly "You must be truly terrified to break your rule like this..."
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

Avagant - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2023 5:58 pm

The Observer stares blankly, processing what was said. The patterns across his body seemingly drain of color, spilling onto the floor, now leaving the Observer devoid of color. The screens turn to static, now leaving the room in darkness, with the Observer partially illuminated, unresponsive, and eerily still.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

Avagant - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2023 7:43 pm

Three group is taken aback at the sudden change, Tide takes a step back as he looks at the Observer's now frozen state "I guess he didn't know the weight of it all...heh..." he said, leaning forward slightly. Shade sighed from behind Tide "Great job Tide, you broke him. he said sarcastically. Tide leaned back crossing both his arms again "If he didnt want to play the game then maybe he shouldnt have involved himself with the players...oh my mistake, excuse me...'pieces'." he said putting air quotes around "pieces" as he spoke "Alas, it would seem the spectator has become a 'piece' in the very game he observed." he sighed. Shade looked over at the now static monitors and Life, growing increasingly more concerned, looked over at where the cloak was before it all went dark. The Hollow took a hesitant step towards the now unmoving observer and took a couple curious sniffs, being careful not to touch the patterns which were now on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

Avagant - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2023 8:09 pm

The mannequin from behind the group pushes past them and kneels down by the pool of colors, drinking deep in loud, long slurps. The color fills in the patterns of its wooden body. The static in the screens doesn't appear as random as previously though either. A silhouette appears to be approaching from the screens, like a character on a show.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

Avagant - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2023 8:34 pm

Shade and Life stagger as the mannequin pushed past. Shade's eyes narrow after noticing the figure on the screens, Life and Tide look down at the mannequin "that can't be good for you." Tide said as he slowly took his battle stance. Life kneels down grabbing the Hollow "Listen carefully...I have a very bad feeling about this. You, step theough the veil and wait for us, if we don't come out after a few minutes...go get the others, Tell Kyuubi what we've learned" Life looked the Hollow directly in the eyes "Im sure we'll be alright, but we need Kyuubi, and we need him to know what we know. Understood?" the Hollow blinked a couple times but then nodded. Life nodded back "Then go! now!" Life stood and turned to face the mannequin. The Hollow waisted no time running toward where the veil had been, glancing back briefly at the group as it did.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

Avagant - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2023 9:06 pm

The mannequin gorges itself on the color, relishing in it and making a bit of a mess. The same cannot be said for the Observer, who is engulfed by Deltrax's "robe" as it clamps down. A crimson pool overtakes the colors as the Observer falls over. The mannequin stops drinking, turning its head to watch the robe dispatch its victim.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

Avagant - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2023 9:29 pm

At this Life's fists clench"That's enough!" He shouted angrily. He opened his hands and thrust his right arm up as a vine manifested from under the "robe" in-between it and the observer it was wrapped around. Attempting to pry the robe off of the observer, Life pulled his arm backward as the vine continued to grow in length and thickness as it interposed the "robe" and the Observer, it now was opening up and pulling the "robe" away. Tide looked over at Life for a moment, before looking back at the mannequin "You've had quite enough I would think." He waved his hand out Infront of him, as a stream of water formed on the ground in-between the mannequin and the observer which swiftly wrapped around and around creating a sort of whirlpool which slowly raised to create a wall of swirling water which splashed the wooden mannequin a couple times as it moved.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

Avagant - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2023 9:46 pm

The figure in the screen unfurls a pair a pair of wings and appears to blow on a large horn, causing all the screens to shatter and darken the room. There is the sound of water splashing against the unphased mannequin, the struggle of the robe to rip at the Observer, only succeeding every so often. The noises are generally unpleasant, but a loud crunch followed by relative silence was not a welcome sign.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

Avagant - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2023 9:55 pm

Shade took his opportunity to stand between Life and Tide, holding his hands out and touching both of them. While his hands rest on each of them, they were surrounded by a shadowy aura which made them appear more blurred and slightly transparent. The glass that fell from the screens seemed to pass right through them as it shattered. Life used his other hand to encapsulate the Observer in foliage and various vines and plants as a means of protection whilst he continued to fend off the robe. Tide froze his wall of water as a solid and thick wall of ice as he and Shade began looking around the room trying to pinpoint where the crunching sound could have come from and potentially see what other new possible threat had just appeared.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Avagant - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avagant
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tales of Magic and the Mundane :: Limbo and Practice RP :: Limbo Zone-
Jump to: