Tales of Magic and the Mundane
Hello and welcome to the forum! If you are a returning member, Log In below, or if you are new, Please, Register below, and see the Rules of the forum, and when you've read them, feel free to head over to the Registry to make a character! Good Luck!
Hello and welcome to the forum! If you are a returning member, Log In below, or if you are new, Please, Register below, and see the Rules of the forum, and when you've read them, feel free to head over to the Registry to make a character! Good Luck!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Original RPG Forum set in its own unique universe. Please, feel free to Register or review the rules. We are currently accepting all races of OCs, and welcome new members.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Avagant

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet
Organization: Sages of Edgarix, Pantheon of Edgarix
Race: Rax
Rank: Sage of Lackluster, Hegemon of the Rax, Avatar of Two Gods

Avagant Empty
PostSubject: Avagant   Avagant Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2020 3:19 pm

"You're in my house, silly." The sponge is wiped over Daybreak's face, cleaning him slightly. "Though to be more specific, you are in my house, located in the Great Planes, in the land of Avagant." As Daybreak's vision becomes less blurry, he can make out the person who is kneeling next to him, dabbing the sponge on his forehead. This person is brown and fuzzy, with four large ears and a star-nose. There is also an apparent lack of eyes, but this creature is clearly smiling at Daybreak. "My name is Tanalitu."
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:
Race: Keaton

Avagant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2020 3:32 pm

Daybreak squints a little "Tana...litu?" he looks him up and down, he's never seen something quite like this before despite everything he's been through. He looks around the house from where he lies "t-this is your house?" Daybreak's Vision becomes clear as he slowly looks around the place
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

Avagant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2020 3:40 pm

The house is quite clean, with a couch nearby and various pictures and bookshelves neatly put around the room. Behind Daybreak, he sees the front door with such things as a coat rack, a place for shoes, and a mirror which is a bit weird considering Tanalitu doesn't have eyes. Daybreak can see the rest of the group piled up around him, with Life laying at the top of the pile, Shade's foot having smashed a shelf during their fall, Desire pinned under everyone, Tide face down in the shoe bin, Kyuubi'd foot hanging over the couch, Syrix stuck on top of a bookshelf, and somehow, Sky was partially in the fireplace. Luckily, it wasn't lit. "Yep. This is my house. I heard a loud sound from my basement so I came up here to find you folks out cold. I didn't move any of you because I didn't want to be rude, but I would not be surprised if you folks were quite injured."
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

Avagant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2020 3:50 pm

A look of relief comes over Daybreak as he sees that everyone is still here, but he still feels a little concerned about the positions everyone was in at the moment. "t-to be honest, I don't really know how we got here..." Daybreak says "actually...I'm having a hard time remembering anything right now...so much has happened..." he says. He moves a hand up to his head again "I feel like I'm trying to remember two things at once...or...one thing twice?" he shakes his head again "I don't know how to describe it...but it kind of feels like I have different memories of the same thing...I just can't remember what it is..."
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

Avagant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2020 3:52 pm

"That does seem a bit hard to do. I fail to understand what that would be like, but perhaps I could get you something to cheer you up? Tea? A fine wine? A nice tray of cheeses and fruit perhaps?" Before Daybreak could answer, Tanalitu had already stood up and walked around the group and disappeared into his kitchen. Sounds of a knife on a cutting board can be heard.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

Avagant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2020 4:12 pm

Daybreak looked a little cross-eyed "what in the world is wine?" he mumbles to himself. He sits upright looking around at the group, they all seemed to be okay despite their current predicaments. He looks at his wrist, the black ring seems to be the way they normally look, Daybreak let's out a relieved sigh. He pulls himself up onto his feet and stumbles a little, his balance seemed to still be a little off at the moment. He hears a groaning noise near by and turns to see Desire moving slightly. He slowly moves over to her and kneels down "Desire! Desire are you okay?" he finds himself whispering, Desire still seems half unconscious "c...nt." she utters, Daybreak leans closer "I-Im sorry?" he asks. Desire wiggles a bit "can't...breath..." she mumbles Daybreak looks up seeing most of his friends stacked on top of Desire in some way "squishing...me..." she mumbles "o-oh..." Daybreak looks away. Some of the group members begin shifting as they too start to very slowly come to, this does not make Desire's situation any better however...
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

Avagant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2020 4:18 pm

The cutting noise stops as Tanalitu returns with a tray with slices of various cheese and fruits along with an empty cup. Upon seeing everyone in the group beginning to stir, Tanalitu lets his tray on the counter and grabs a few more pillows and sponges. He begins to help everyone to sitting positions off of each other and out of their bizarre situations. Soon, everyone has damp sponge and a pillow and Tanalitu has returned to his kitchen to cut up more snacks.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

Avagant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2020 4:34 pm

Daybreak sits himself next to Desire, Kyuubi sits on the other side of him. "are you doing okay now?" he asks "mmm." Desire slowly nods "what in the world happened? And where are we?" Desire muttered "I-I don't really know. I think this place was called something like...Avalar?" he thinks for a moment "no wait, it was Avagant I think..." he scratches his head "Avagant?" Desire closes her eyes tighter "is that some place from Hyrax's world?" she mumbles. Kyuubi shifts a little "the air...is different here..." He takes a couple of sniffs of the air "besides the cheese and wine smell I mean..." "what in the world is wine?" Desire looked over at Kyuubi "I asked the same thing." Daybreak said, Kyuubi looked at the two of them, a little confused. He shook his head "the point is..." He continues "Lewis sent us away somewhere...I don't know where, but apparently it's called...what did you say? Avagant?" He glanced at Daybreak "I don't think we're still in the world we were in before. Or if we are, were very far from where we once were." Kyuubi sniffs the air again. "w-we were sent away?" Daybreak asks.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

Avagant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2020 4:41 pm

Tanalitu enters, his tray now fully of cheese and fruits as opposed to only having enough for one person. He sets the tray down in the middle of the group and heads back to the kitchen. He returns with a warm pot of tea and cups for everyone. Tanalitu hums a soft tune as he pours the tea for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

Avagant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2020 4:52 pm

The group begin taking some of the refreshments Tanalitu places in front of them. Life seems the most intrigued by the fruits and decides to inspect them as he eats, Although it's a bit odd for him to do this, he seems to be enjoying them. Both Life and Tide find the most pleasure out of the tea however. Desire throws an arm over Daybreak's shoulder "I'm just glad you're okay." she smiles and hugs him again. Kyuubi stands up and walks over to a window and looks outside, taking a good look at what he can find.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

Avagant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2020 4:56 pm

Kyuubi sees a wide wilderness of grasslands, blowing in a gentle breeze. The air is crisp and fresh. A sun has risen by now and it is clearly morning. Way off in the distance, some kind of settlement can be seen. Tanalitu pretty much lives in the middle of nowhere, but it truly is peaceful here. Tanalitu introduces himself as he straighten up the living room, not that everyone is up off the ground. He fixes the shoe bin and broken shelf. He straightens a few books and an empty picture frame above his fireplace.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

Avagant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2020 5:17 pm

Kyuubi closes his eyes and breathes deep, taking it in. He smells so many different things but doesn't necessarily recognize anything he takes in. The Hollow copies his idea and starts sniffing the air. "mmm" is hums, "not familiar place for Hollow. Not anywhere Hollow has been." it says. Kyuubi turns around to the rest of the group who are now indulging in the food and drink Tanalitu had provided. "I hope everything is okay back with Lewis..." Daybreak said, he looked down at his hands and drank some more tea, "he can handle himself, don't worry about him." Desire reasured him. Kyuubi thought back to what had happened before they were all thrusted into the portal and remembered Hyrax. He shook his head and sat back down next to Daybreak, he felt a little sad, there was part of him that wanted to believe what he had seen was all some kind of nightmare or perhaps that he is simply remembering the events incorrectly. He sat with his chin resting on one hand and he became lost in thought.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

Avagant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2020 5:21 pm

"I don't suppose you folks have anywhere to go here in Avagant, but you are certainly welcome to stay here. I don't have many places to sleep but I can always make accommodations." Tanalitu returns from the kitchen with bread fish. "Had I known you folks were gonna be awake today, I probably would have prepped more food." Tanalitu chuckles as he sips a slightly yellow liquid.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

Avagant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2020 5:35 pm

Sky chuckles "well, to be honest, this is the most hospitality we've been shown in quite a while. So that alone is refreshing." Sky smiles at Tanalitu. "seriously though. We appreciate it. And the fact that you're providing any kind of food is fair enough for me, no matter the quantity." Tide laughed. Kyuubi looks at Tanalitu "yes, I'm very greatful for everything you've provided for us. And I hope you don't mind, but I'd like to ask some questions if I may." Kyuubi studdied Tanalitu, trying to get a good read on him, he seemed friendly enough.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

Avagant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2020 5:37 pm

"Ask anything you like." Tanalitu pours himself more wine and munches on a cube of cheese.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

Avagant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2020 5:44 pm

Kyuubi sat forward a little, "we're not exactly from around here." He says, he glanced over at his friends "not sure if that's obvious or not, but, regardless." Kyuubi continued "we're kind of in a peculiar situation. Could you explain what exactly Avagant is like?" Kyuubi asked.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

Avagant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2020 6:02 pm

Tanalitu sniffs for a second before setting down his drink. "Well, Avagant is an old land. Time and time again, civilizations have risen and fell. Species have evolved into existence and died off. The oldest of beings, ones who hold great power, have become known as Primordials. Some do not even believe they exist at all, but I believe they do." Tanalitu takes a another cheese cube. "Avagant has a strange phenomenon where traveling is impossible if you pay attention. That, is something not a lot of people know actually. As such, there are only bits and pieces of maps, never a full one. I would not be surprised if there are undiscovered places here. Some of the places well known are The Great Nation, The Marshlands, The Sea of Ceaseless Trees, The Tundra, The Realm of the Dragon-Folk, and Silverlining." Tanalitu eats a slice of buttered bread. "The major races that can be found currently are humans, children of the mire, seedlings, impossumbles, and the dragon-folk." He takes a sip of water. "Magic is not too common here on Avagant, but some people have been known to utilize it. Many of the races here have their own natural abilities, rituals, and cultures. Times are relatively peaceful and there is rarely any sort of scuffle between the races. Fighting within each group is not unheard of but rather rare unless done for entertainment or traditions. Seasons come and go in near random fashion." Tanalitu takes a deep breath and sighs. "I spend my days running errands or entertaining friends when they come to visit, but I am never surprised nor bothered when I find myself eating fruit and watching the sun set by myself. Its nice to have company and its nice to be alone. My species are known as Sky-Grounders though I don't remember any of them. I have been living here in the Great Planes for a very long time."
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

Avagant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 8:04 pm

many things in Tanalitu's explanation caught the attention of everyone in the group. Kyuubi seemed to show a slight amount of interest at hearing about the dragonfolk Tanalitu had mentioned. For some odd reason, Tide seemed to get annoyed for a moment when Tanalitu talked about the rise and fall of nations here in Avagant, and he rolled his eyes and sighed as he took another sip of his drink. At the mention of the lack of magic abilities in Avagant, everyone glanced at each other for a second nervously but continued listening. somewhere near the end of Tanalitu's explanation Daybreak seemed to freeze while drinking out of his cup, he didn't look scared, he just looked as though he had been paused "it sounds like you know quite a lot about this place..." Kyuubi spoke "this doesn't sound like any place we've been too before...and it's definitely not Hyrax's realm..." he mumbled to himself "I think we're a lot further away from home than before this time..." Syrix said out loud.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

Avagant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 8:09 pm

"I remember Avagant being described as a sink. I don't remember who said it or what context, but that stuck with me. Hopefully I can remember." Tanalitu finishes up his bit of cheese and downs the rest of his glass. "I hope I was able to shed some light on where you folks are. Now if you don't mind, who are all of you?"
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

Avagant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 8:31 pm

Kyuubi blinked "Oh! that's right, I don't suppose we've been properly introduced to one another." Kyuubi set down the refreshments in his hands and stood up before taking a respectful bow "I go by the name of Kyuubi. and this..." he stands upright "Is his amazing and invincible traveling companion SYRIX!" Syrix interjected as he held his head up in pride "...my pet snake" Kyuubi added on "Hey! I ain't no pet!" Syrix shouted Kyuubi laughed "Our names are...hard to pronounce, so we'll give you the English version for simplicity" Sky said "I'm Sky, and these are all very close friends of mine." he gestured to the group "Call me Life, I greatly admire your home's atmosphere. Very cozy!" Life said with a smile, "You can call me Desire. It's a pleasure to meet you" Desire bowed respectfully as well but remained seated "Name's Shade." Shade lifted a hand in a sort of quick waving motion, "People call me Tide. and considering that's what I call myself, you can call me that as well." Tide chuckled The Hollow looked around at everyone "New friend for Hollow?" it said looking at Tanalitu, Sky laughed a little at this."Oh, but we can't forget the true hero of the hour..." Desire started, but when she turned to where Daybreak was sitting, he was no longer there. Instead of sitting with everyone else he, at some point, got up and walked over to the window. Daybreak stood with his back to the rest of the room, staring up and out the window, he didn't seem to be paying attention at all.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

Avagant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 8:37 pm

"Those two." Tanalitu stands and grabs a large roll of parchment. "We have plenty of time to talk, but schedules must be kept and errands must be run. I welcome you lot to join me if you so choose. It'd also give you a chance to explore this unfamiliar world and have a fairly good guide to help you along the way."
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

Avagant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 8:45 pm

Kyuubi froze for a second and looked at Tanalitu "Those...Two?" he muttered "does he...does he know?" Kyuubi looked over at Daybreak, still staring out the window. "That sounds like a wonderful way to get to know this place." Sky said "this was not in my plans. But I suppose I could stick around a bit longer. besides, Plans are boring anyways." Tide laughed "I...I suppose until we can find a way back...it may be smart to get a good look on the land..." Life mumbled, more to himself than anyone in particular.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

Avagant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 8:50 pm

"Excellent! I do enjoy your company already and I am happy to be enjoying it more." Tanalitu walks over to his kitchen. After a brief moment and a few zipping sounds, Tanalitu returns with several bags and passes them out to each of the group. Tanalitu walks over to a closet and straps a hilariously oversized bag to himself and opens the front door. He takes a deep breath and sighs. The soft breeze and crisp air briefly enter the house as Tanalitu steps outside.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

Avagant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 10:11 pm

The rest of the group follow close behind, Desire and Kyuubi stay back for a moment "I'll talk to him..." Kyuubi said to Desire. Desire looks at Kyuubi and nods before following the rest of the party. Kyuubi walks up to Daybreak and puts a hand on his back "hey...you feeling alright?" he says. Daybreak doesn't turn to look at Kyuubi but lets out a sigh "Somethings...different." he replied, "I didn't really feel it then...but I feel it now..." he looked down at his hand "It's a strange sensation that I can't quite describe...I can't find the words..." He looked back up at the sky "I'm happy...and sad...I'm angry...but I'm calm...It's an odd kind of Duality that I've never felt before..." he takes in a deep breath and lets out a sigh "these strange feelings...I don't know where they came from...or why I have them...but for some reason..." he turns to look at Kyuubi "In this moment...I feel...different...I don't know how long this sensation will last...I don't know if I'll ever feel this way again...and I'm not sure if I'm scared...or happy about that..." Kyuubi instinctually took a step back as he looked on at Daybreak. His eyes had changed again...one was Daybreak's and the other, Sunset's "I don't remember what happened before I woke up on the floor...I don't even know how we got here in the first place...but whatever happened..." he looked at the floor and took a deep breath again "Well...I hope it was for the best...I hope no one was hurt too bad..." He looked up at Kyuubi, he smiled sweetly "I don't know what will come next...but...I just want you to know...and I'm not sure why I feel like I need to say this...but you've been a great friend...you...and everyone else and I just want to say...T-thanks..." he looked at the ground again "...come on...everyone's waiting for us..." Daybreak said, his smile was genuine, he really did look happy for once...and yet...a few tears rolled down his cheek as though he was crying. Daybreak left the window and followed out the door...Kyuubi watched him go, smiled and then followed him out the door...
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

Avagant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 10:19 pm

Tanalitu was only a few paces away from the house then Daybreak and Kyuubi had exited his house. He was busy tending to some colorful flowers. The Great Planes extended out as far as the horizons. Billowing grass swayed under crisp winds. It was partially cloudy and the morning was young.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Avagant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avagant   Avagant Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avagant
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tales of Magic and the Mundane :: Limbo and Practice RP :: Limbo Zone-
Jump to: