Tales of Magic and the Mundane
Hello and welcome to the forum! If you are a returning member, Log In below, or if you are new, Please, Register below, and see the Rules of the forum, and when you've read them, feel free to head over to the Registry to make a character! Good Luck!
Hello and welcome to the forum! If you are a returning member, Log In below, or if you are new, Please, Register below, and see the Rules of the forum, and when you've read them, feel free to head over to the Registry to make a character! Good Luck!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Original RPG Forum set in its own unique universe. Please, feel free to Register or review the rules. We are currently accepting all races of OCs, and welcome new members.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elliot's Tavern

Go down 
+2
Edwyn Whyte
Alexiel Lucifen d'Arte
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet
Organization: Sages of Edgarix, Pantheon of Edgarix
Race: Rax
Rank: Sage of Lackluster, Hegemon of the Rax, Avatar of Two Gods

Elliot's Tavern - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elliot's Tavern   Elliot's Tavern - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 2:45 pm

Hyrax jogs to catch up to Edwyn. " What do you suppose happened?" I do not care what happened. They appear to need our help." Hyrax and Deltrax walk over to a townsman. " What happened here?" The townsman looks at Hyrax, then looks away. Hyrax looks at Deltrax. " It seems he does not wish to tell. I am not even sure if there is anything we can do." " Of course there is something we can do. We need to put out the flames." " Can I watch the fire smolder for a bit before we help?" " You may, I, however, am going to find a water source." Deltrax jumps off Hyrax's shoulder and begins to search. Hyrax sits down close to the house and reaches out towards the fire, its bright light creating large shadows.
Back to top Go down
Edwyn Whyte
Edwyn Whyte

Character sheet
Organization: The Order of the Paladins
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Elliot's Tavern   Elliot's Tavern - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 5:47 pm

The villagers crowded around the fire, watching it intensely. At the front of the crowd stood a middle aged woman, waving her hands and chanting in a language unknown to Edwyn. Suddenly, the cottage collapsed upon itself, it's embers flying into the sky and drifting on the wind. The crowd gasps and backs away. 

The woman turned to look at the crowd, face expressionless. One of them steps forward. "It it done Seeress? Hast yon foul spirit aspired from the mortal realm?" 

The stoic woman raised a finger in the air, and nodded after a short pause. "I doth foresee no further haunting in the future. The dead rest this night,"

Abrupt cheers rang from the cloud. Men dashed behind the well, revealing stored pales of water. Soon the once fierce blaze was reduced to smoldering coals. Before long, the townsmen brought out wooden flutes and hide drums, and danced to their own beat. A casket of wine was brought over from the cellar, and the once solemn crowd danced and feasted around the coals of the house. Edwyn stood dazed in the midst of this, confused beyond all belief. Turning to Hyrax, he said "Ask around with me, and mayhaps we might find the cause of this trouble. Then we shall find Vollsunk as see what he knows."
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Elliot's Tavern   Elliot's Tavern - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 6:19 pm

Deltrax returns after no success. Hyrax picks him up and places him on his shoulder. "The towns folk had water behind that well. The house collapsed and an old lady said something, and now everyone is celebrating." "I do miss all the excitement." Hyrax decided to try and ask questions to the folks standing around the wine casket. "Excuse me? Sir? Why was the house burned and broken?" A large man turned, his brown beard soaked with wine. "Where have you come from? In all my years, I have never seen clothes as strange as yours." Hyrax looks at Deltrax's hat. "I believe he is referring to you." Deltrax rolls his eyes. "And...Just WHO are you talking to? There is nothing on your shoulder!" Hyrax looks at Deltrax. "Yes, there is. This is my friend Deltrax." The man refilled his mug and turned around. "You did not answer my question." "Go find someone else to pester." "I am NOT leaving until I have my answer." The man slams his mug down, turns and punches Hyrax in the face. Hyrax, dazed and dizzy from the unexpected punch, collapses on the ground. Deltrax groans. "You always upset people and end up on the floor. Or rolling down a flight of stairs or two." "He hit me first. I have no clue why you are scolding me." "It would be best if you leave me be." The man flashes Hyrax a glimpse of a knife. "Now scram." Hyrax gets up and moves away. "We should go try asking a few of the musicians."
Back to top Go down
Edwyn Whyte
Edwyn Whyte

Character sheet
Organization: The Order of the Paladins
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Elliot's Tavern   Elliot's Tavern - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 10:36 pm

Edwyn's luck was little better. Although rather happy, the people seemed jumpy and on edge. He had made the trip twice before, and the town that welcomed him now wished him gone. "Mayhaps I should get what I came for and be gone. As he turned away, he came face to face to the one they called the Seeress.
She stared at him in that instant, but it felt as if she stared into him. Reading his feeling and emotions as one would read a book. Finally, she said "What dost thou seek,".
For a second, Edwyn stood there, dazed. Shaking the feeling off, he managed to say. "What hast happened today?"  
For a moment, Edwyn thought he spied an emotion on her distant face; concern. "Bring the Sage hither, and follow me to my cottage."
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Elliot's Tavern   Elliot's Tavern - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 10:57 pm

Hyrax looks up at Edwyn and sees him waving him over. "I think he needs us." Hyrax scoops up Deltrax and walks over to Edwyn. "You are the woman from before." Seeress stares at Hyrax, causing him to look behind him, in-case it was not in fact him she was staring at. "You called?"
Back to top Go down
Lenka
Admin
Lenka

PostSubject: Re: Elliot's Tavern   Elliot's Tavern - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 1:21 am

After having a rather nice drink and a snack in the tavern, the plague exited, throwing up his hood for the hell of it. Yawning, metallic fangs that lined his maw glistening before his mouth snaps shut with a click. Glancing around, he spies a couple of decently interesting individuals, who happen to be Edwyn and that woman. So in that case he walks over, hands in his pockets, in the shadow of a nearby building.

(I'm just kinda winging it here.)

Last edited by Lenka on Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vollsunk

Vollsunk

Character sheet
Organization:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Elliot's Tavern   Elliot's Tavern - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 3:06 am

Looking down from the Chapel Tower Vollsunk's gaze has been on them since they entered town. "They handle themselves well..." the mildly interested figure makes his way down the back of the chapel and into the cemetery in where he is not noticed. He walks along the of the narrow road with his wings one again folded but hidden completely. But for the sake of unwanted attention he cloaks also hides his face with his cloak. The only thing that is visible is his eyes. Which seemingly glow a rich hue of dark Aquamarine. Voll takes vigil from the cemetery and waits for the continuation of "entertaining events" as he got bored of slaughtering the poor in ally ways wilst waiting on their arrival. He sits on a bench between two floor torches as the sky turns darker as night almost sets in
Back to top Go down
Lenka
Admin
Lenka

PostSubject: Re: Elliot's Tavern   Elliot's Tavern - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 9:11 pm

OFFICIAL POSTING ORDER: LENKA, VOLLSUNK, HYRAX, EDWYN WHYTE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elliot's Tavern   Elliot's Tavern - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elliot's Tavern
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tales of Magic and the Mundane :: The Heartlands :: Grawood :: Rustleberg-
Jump to: