Tales of Magic and the Mundane
Hello and welcome to the forum! If you are a returning member, Log In below, or if you are new, Please, Register below, and see the Rules of the forum, and when you've read them, feel free to head over to the Registry to make a character! Good Luck!
Hello and welcome to the forum! If you are a returning member, Log In below, or if you are new, Please, Register below, and see the Rules of the forum, and when you've read them, feel free to head over to the Registry to make a character! Good Luck!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Original RPG Forum set in its own unique universe. Please, feel free to Register or review the rules. We are currently accepting all races of OCs, and welcome new members.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Company and Calamity

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:
Race: Keaton

Company and Calamity - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2020 3:16 pm

Desire sees Daybreak appear on a platform not too far away from her and Kyuubi and quickly makes her way over to him. Sunset smirks and crosses his arms "Well aren't you eager." he says "But I'm afraid you're going to have to wait your turn." as he says this he lifts his hand up, menacing dark energy builds up around his hand and he levitates over the floor "but don't worry, I'll get around to erasing you later if you like." He stares past Katie and thrusts his hand outward. a devastating blast of otherworldly darkness bursts forth and pierces right through the corrupted Hyrax. Syrix and Life just barely dodge out of the way of the attack from Sunset. He smiles and mutters "now perish." before the attack that struck the corrupted Hyrax loops back around and pierces through over and over again. Sunset laughs.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet
Organization: Sages of Edgarix, Pantheon of Edgarix
Race: Rax
Rank: Sage of Lackluster, Hegemon of the Rax, Avatar of Two Gods

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2020 3:25 pm

Despite an attack that would otherwise kill a creature, the group remembers Juju’s words “The Rax have never died before.” Now is no exception. The Corrupted Hyrax leaves through a rift. Katie doesn’t hesitate to flutter up and attack Sunset with her tonfas before running him through with spears of purity. “I will not deny your power, but you pale in comparison to divinity and as the Morningstar would say ‘You exist at all’. She quickly throws a spear at the skull to devastating effect, causing the ocean to sink away as writhing bubbles begin to form. The pillar are lowered to the ground as the group are now confronted by new problems.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2020 3:47 pm

Sunset staggers over onto his backside, he screams as he his run through with the spears however his scream sounds an awful lot like Sky. Daybreak, on the other side of the room, suddenly grabs his chest and takes in a sharp breath "Daybreak? what's wrong?" Desire asks. "I-I don't...I don't know..." He grabs Desire's shoulder and gasps again. Sunset stands very still, he looks up at Katie "Y-you..." he stammers, he seems to...smile? "You...absolute...incompetent..." he shouts in pain "You should have just left me be...you gambled without looking at the stakes..." he says. he staggers over onto his hands and knees he looks up at Katie "and you lost..." dark energy gently swirls around him "I wanted...to...help..." in this moment, Sunset seemed almost pitiable, what seemed to be a tear rolled down his cheek but he seemed to smile again, "The worst part is...I'm the least hurt by this...Let's play again soon." He smiles before the energy swirls around him. from the black energy emerges Sky, he lies face down on the floor, breathing but unconscious...
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2020 3:55 pm

“If you were going to help, say it first next time.” Katie drops a single link sparkle onto Sky as his wounds begin to heal. The writhing bubbles burst open as thousands of crows take to the sky. They begin to fly round and round until all the birds have gathered. The bird have formed, essentially, a storm cloud. Purple lightning explodes from various birds and the lightning rains down on the group. Where ever the lightning lands, ground is seemingly vaporized.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2020 4:17 pm

The group quickly duck and dodge in attempts to avoid the lighting. Sky slowly wakes up "w...what happened..." he pushes himself up onto his knees "oh man...I ache all over..." he rubs his shoulder and looks up and shouts "what in the name of?!" as he notices the storm of crows. The Hollow runs up besides desire who is holding Daybreak's hand as she runs "hey!" it shouts, desire looks down as sees it carrying the stick "Take!" it shouts. Desire Nods and snatches the stick from it. She holds it close but with her swapped power she feels less confident in trying an attack, yet she tries anyway by vaulting an icicle straight at the center of the flock.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2020 7:14 pm

When Desire fires an icicle, she ends up firing six, which are blocked by birds. The birds fall from the sky and land, each sending another six icicles towards the cloud. Every one icicle takes down one bird. Each bird fires six icicles. This process repeats until 279,936 icicles are fired from the ground and with no birds left, collide with the skull, located at the eye if the storm. It crashes to the floor as the birds writhe and come together; the Morningstar changing its shape once more.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2020 8:05 pm

Desire looks in shock "that worked?" she chuckles, "I can't believe that worked." "someone want to stop that thing from changing again?" Syrix calls out. Daybreak takes in a couple breaths "I...I wonder what that was..." he mutters looking down at his chest. Shade steps forward "I got this" he holds his hand back and wind swirls around his hand "shade! Use this!" Desire hands him the stick, Shade nods and takes it. He jumps up and thrusts his and out as a whirlwind bursts out towards the morningstar.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2020 8:10 pm

The whirlwind rapidly increases in speed and power, forcing the sludgey mass to spread two giant wings. When the body flys into the air, the rest of it takes shape, bow taking the form of a phoenix. It screeches beating its wings against Shade’s wind, managing to just barely match it in intensity.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2020 8:27 pm

"Daybreak!" Shade calls out "y-yes?!" Daybreak snaps out of his deep thought "come here and do exactly as I say." Shade continues his whirlwind. Daybreak approaches and stands behind Shade, shade gives him instructions of some kind but for anyone too far away, it is difficult to hear. Daybreak looks down at his hands and nods. Shade turns to face the Phoenix shaped Morningstar. Kyuubi looks up at the morningstar frustrated, "this would be so much easier if I could just..." Kyuubi pauses as he notices Syrix standing nearby, "this is crazy! How many times is it going to ch-" Syrix starts to say, he stops, noticing Kyuubi looking at him "why are you looking at me like that?" He asks "Syrix...I have an idea. But you're just gonna have to trust me" Kyuubi says "okay...but are you going to explain it to me or am I going to have to...wait...what are you doing? No. Wait! Stay back!" Syrix says as Kyuubi approaches. Daybreak holds his hands together and a shadowy energy swirls around them, "ready? Three...two...one..." shade says, he then shouts "NOW" and he moves aside, Daybreak steps in Shade's place and thrusts his hands forward and a thin beam of shadows flys through the wind straight at the morningstar.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2020 8:32 pm

The thin beam of shadows sashes through the Morningstar, cause him to cry out in pain. His tails respond by firing an identical shadowy blast at the group but Katie intervenes and knocks them away before firing her own beam of purity. The Belphegor’s Prime quickly looks down to the struggling Morningstar and he grins.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2020 8:39 pm

Life comes running past "Shade! To me!" he shouts and Shade turns to him "be careful" he says, he tosses the branch to Life as he passes. Life holds his off hand out behind him, he slides to a stop and whips his hand outward where many rose vines propel themselves towards the morningstar binding and wrapping themselves around the morningstar. "together!" the Hollow shouts, it dashes up next to life and assists by making more vines from the opposite direction of where Life made his.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2020 8:46 pm

“Enough fooling around Morningstar! CRUSH THEM!” The Grand Colossus takes this opportunity to slice through the Belphegor’s Prime’s left tentacle, only for two to grow to replace it. The Morningstar takes a dive and smashes into the floor. The three tails of the Morningstar emerge, now super sized. His arms follow and then his head. He has changed into a wurm, and his limbs followed suit. Now surrounded by colossal serpents, The group doesn’t have very much room. The Morningstar attacks, some heads go to bite the group, others breath a fine spray if glowing needles. The wurm adorned with a skull roars loudly.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2020 9:03 pm

Suddenly a pitch black sheild appears around the members of the group blacking out the morningstar's visual of the group members and making most of the morningstar's attacks bounce off or fall short. The group looks around confused for what has happened "Daybreak...did you?" Tide asks "I could never do something like this!" he says in shock "technically...you can." comes a voice from behind them. They turn and see Sunset standing behind them all "did'ja miss me?" he smirks, the group looks on in shock and Daybreak tenses up. Parts of the sheild begin to crack from the incoming attacks and he flinches, "I'll deal with you all later. Right now, all of you need to get a grip!" Sunset shouts, the Shield takes more damage and cracks some more, "And do it NOW.". Kyuubi steps forward "hand me the branch" Kyuubi says. His appearance seems to have changed again, he looks alot more like himself now and he holds out his hand. Life places the stick in his hand and he takes a deep breath "father give me strength..." he says and his eyes flash a bright gold color. The sheild has taken quite a bit of damage and barely manages to keep itself active.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2020 9:08 pm

Shards of the shield sink into the Morningstar, who retaliates with a roar before conducting all heads to fire in the groups position.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2020 9:14 pm

The sheild drops and a massive burst of flames bursts forth from it as Kyuubi rises up. He has sprouted Dragon wings once again and he holds his weapon, in dragon claw form, in one hand and the stick in the other. The torrent of flames target every head at once in one firey explosion. He flies high above the other members of the group on his wings "feels good to be back." he says smiling.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2020 9:21 pm

The Morningstar hisses and lashes out at the grounded members, but Katie mimics Kyuubi’s attack and spears each head with purity. The morningstar howls in pain before withdrawing his heads below ground. There is a loud rumbling noise. The Belphegor’s Prime gets a lucky stun on the Grand Colossus and whips his tentacles at the group.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2020 9:28 pm

Daybreak shouts out "Watch out!" as the tentacles come towards the group. Sunset swings his harm in a slashing motion towards the tentacles sending a slash of his dark energy at them in an attempt to party the incoming strike.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2020 9:32 pm

The parry is successful and the attack is blocked. The Belphegor’s Prine smirks but is violently tackles by the Grand Colossus. The ground beneath the group explodes, giving way for the Morningstar who has now turned into a gargantuan hydra. Seven heads in the front and three in the back with an extra pair of legs to compensate for the form. The Morningstar violently lashes at the group and fires a barrage of attacks, each with a different element, at Kyuubi. Katie is pinned beneath a front talon and is subject to the sludge. Katie is clearly screaming though she makes no noise.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2020 9:47 pm

Kyuubi attempts to dodge and deflect the attacks but only narrowly manages to avoid a few. During his dodging he drops the branch but doesn't have enough time to dive down and get it. Kyuubi takes a hit from one of the attacks and falls back a little "tch..." he scoffs "alright, let's see how you manage this." he grabs his weapon and spins it around. He tosses it in the air and grabs one end of it, it seems to change it's appearance into a long whip as he shouts "Dragon's Tail!" and he swings it around deflecting a couple attacks as well. Along with the weapon, his appearance seemed to change as well, his wings had changed into a more cool blue color and he grew small horns on his head, the air around him had shifted into a cooler temperature. "eat this!" he shouts and boosts towards the Hydra Morningstar lashing out with his whip, each strike leaving a chilling, ice cold feeling that was almost unbearably freezing. Meanwhile, on the ground, the group ducks and dodges any incoming attack they can, the stick falls to the ground and lands right in front of Daybreak who looks down at it and begins to move over to it to pick it up before stopping, he looks up to see Sunset, the same distance away from the stick and they both stare at each other...
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2020 9:52 pm

The Morningstar shrieks at Kyuubi’s attack and begins a more furious barrage. One of the tails bites down on Tide. The pain is beyond comprehension as Tide’s mind shuts down to ease the pain. Tide is then thrown away as the Morningstar shifts, now Positioned above the stick. His feet would make it more difficult for Sunset or Daybreak to reach it.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2020 10:02 pm

Kyuubi stops his attacks to go catch Tide and make sure he's okay. Oddly enough Tide seems generally okay, he sits up a little in Kyuubi's arms "w-what the heck?" Tide says as he looks at himself "oh good, you do have Syrix's durability. Syrix is vertually indestructible and immune to poisons and it looks like you are now too" Kyuubi says with some relief, "wait...so what else can I do?" Tide asks, Kyuubi smirks. Daybreak and Sunset both stand on opposite sides, they both look up as they see the morningstar move in. They both look down at each other and make eye contact before making a dash towards the stick, almost in unison attempting to avoid the morningstar's feet as they do.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2020 10:07 pm

The morningstar steps off of Katie who quickly comes to. She rolls out of the way of another foot and rushes to throw a barrier around the group. The hydra bellows with a deafening magnitude, exhaling torrents of chaotic sludge everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2020 10:14 pm

Kyuubi retreats a bit to avoid the sludge, he still carries Tide "it's your turn to trust me..." Kyuubi says to Tide. Despite everything, Daybreak and Sunset both continue to try and get to the stick as best as they can. The rest of the group take many different defensive stances to sheild themselves from the incoming sludge while they form small barriers of their elements around them.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2020 10:18 pm

The Morningstar, is his blind and voracious hunger, ends up stepping on the stick between Daybreak and Sunset. The effect is instantaneous as the hydra screams in agony and turns into a floating orb of sludge. The skull safely tucked at its core. Katie gasps for air.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2020 10:49 pm

Kyuubi drifts over to Katie "are you alright?" Kyuubi asks Katie. Meanwhile both Daybreak and Sunset approach the area of where the stick was lying. As they quickly approach they notice that the branch has snapped in two. Sunset and Daybreak arrive at the same time and bend down to grab both halves of the stick. When Daybreak looks up Sunset already holds one half of the branch in his hand, the other half was in Daybreak's...time seemed to slow down between the two of them as they looked on. "I could end it you know..." Sunset speaks first"think about it...if you let me do this, I could end it. None of your friends need to suffer this creature's relentless attacks. Just let me make him suffer." he says. Daybreak shakes his head "and I...I could stop you..." Daybreak says "I can't let you take control...I can't let you make anyone suffer any more than you already have." they both hold their end of the stick close to them. "we are one and the same. What I want, you want as well. That is something you can not deny. And what I want, is to make them all suffer. I want to see them howl in pain as I slowly destroy them. And you want it as well." Sunset smirks"you're wrong. We may be the same in body...but we are opposite in mind...I can't...I won't let myself hurt those close to me." Daybreak clenches his fist. "But can't you see there's more at stake here!?" they say in unison. They stand perfectly still and In silence "so...you're not a complete idiot..." "it looks like for once in my life..." "I agree with myself..." the two of them stand quietly, staring each other dead in the eyes...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 35 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Company and Calamity
Page 35 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36  Next