Tales of Magic and the Mundane
Hello and welcome to the forum! If you are a returning member, Log In below, or if you are new, Please, Register below, and see the Rules of the forum, and when you've read them, feel free to head over to the Registry to make a character! Good Luck!
Hello and welcome to the forum! If you are a returning member, Log In below, or if you are new, Please, Register below, and see the Rules of the forum, and when you've read them, feel free to head over to the Registry to make a character! Good Luck!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Original RPG Forum set in its own unique universe. Please, feel free to Register or review the rules. We are currently accepting all races of OCs, and welcome new members.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Company and Calamity

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet
Organization: Sages of Edgarix, Pantheon of Edgarix
Race: Rax
Rank: Sage of Lackluster, Hegemon of the Rax, Avatar of Two Gods

Company and Calamity - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 11:20 pm

"Your hesitation has explained enough." While this comment may come off as rude, the Hyrax seems empathetic. "We are, as you might have guessed, from another dimension. I managed to stun-lock this Hyrax just before our arrival. We were going to quickly examine him before leaving." The Hyrax growls to the Katie. "Ah. Yes. You, Kyuubi..." The Katie circles him with a burst of lightning speed. What kind of power does the regular Katie hold if this one is able to do that instantaneously? "You and your group are going to play a major role in this Hyrax's cycle. Perhaps this cycle may even decide whether you all are truly able to befriend this Hyrax despite what you know... And the truth you will come to know in time. A Hyrax is a powerful ally, but a formidable adversary..." "You're getting off track." "Yes, right. You hide a power, Kyuubi. Hyrax and I have seen it." The Katie giggles and walks back to the stunned Hyrax.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:
Race: Keaton

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 11:29 pm

Kyuubi froze, how could they know something about him, that he's never told to anyone? He tried to come back to his senses but it proved to be a bit more difficult than expected. He tried to look for words but couldn't seem to find out what to say. The group behind him didn't seem to have anything to say, perhaps they two were stunned by what just happened. The Hollow bounded happily up to the wrong Hyrax, the one from the other dimension, and looked up at him, wagging it's tail back and forth, as if it thought that this was the same one, "Hyrax." it spoke happily.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 11:38 pm

"Ngicabanga ukuthi une-Hyrax engalungile, encane." The Katie pokes the stunned Hyrax and slowly circles him. "Yeah, that's another thing. A Hyrax can speak most languages." Katie glances at Kyuubi. "If you think I'm bluffing about knowing your power, I can run a quick test." Katie lazily raises her hand and a massive javelin composed of a pink mist forms. "I can send this straight through you. If you are injured, then we are wrong. If you are mostly unscathed, then we are correct. Would you like to challenge our assumption and potentially save your reputation?" She prods at the stunned Hyrax with her other hand.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 11:53 pm

Kyuubi blinks, he begins to panic slightly, "no no no no...I wasn't...I didn't think you were...I just..." the group behind him looked frightened as Katie summoned the threatening weapon, Shade began to wonder about what was wrong with Kyuubi. He was acting differently, Syrix mumbled something to him but it was too hard to hear what it was he was saying, Kyuubi just responded with "shut up." and Syrix slipped off from around his neck and slithered over to Daybreak. Kyuubi gave Syrix a look again but turned back to Katie and he Backed up slightly.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 12:00 am

"I'm just messing with you Kyuubi." The javelin suddenly took on the form of a flock of butterflys that fluttered among the group, calming them down if they were riled up. "The Gods have you in their favor." "You needn't be afraid and you have the right to keep your secrets hidden." The Hyrax smiled at Kyuubi as he sat down next to the Hollow. "I see myself in this creature. How peculiar." He smiled at the Hollow. Hyrax's double-hooked teeth poked out of his top lip slightly, making for a very awkward smile.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 8:26 am

Life crossed his arms and looked away as this new Hyrax said these words. He looked like he might start crying. Kyuubi brushes himself off Syrix is now wrapped around Daybreak's neck and looked like a scarf again and Daybreak was inspecting him closely. Kyuubi blushed a little after that predicament he stepped back into the position he was in previously and Syrix's head rose up and saw Kyuubi. He slithered back over to him after dropping off of Daybreak and climbed up Kyuubi and placed himself on his neck, "oh good,
you didn't die this time."
"oh shut up" Kyuubi responded, Syrix smiled and turned back into a scarf, there was a slight trace of a smirk on Kyuubi but it was hardly noticeable. The Hollow was rolling around on it's back in the grass in front of this new Hyrax happily.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 9:39 am

Katie swiftly approached Life and wrapped her arms around him, suddenly pulling him into a hug. "You've been deeply hurt by this Hyrax, haven't you? My Hyrax means that statement by means of being misunderstood. I would imagine the Hyrax here sees the same thing, but unlike this one, my Hyrax has only walked a path of peace. True peace. Not peace through means of violence or slaughter." A pink mist slightly shrouded the pair, acting as a soothing cover. This interaction did not go unnoticed by the new Hyrax. He felt pity. Not for his words or actions, but for those of the stunned Hyrax. "I doubt there is anything I can say or do that would otherwise fix what has been done or said. For that, I will forever be ashamed." A smaller portal opened and the Hyrax pulled out a large harp. The smaller portal closed and the Hyrax strummed a quiet tune. It was sorrowful. DO all Hyraxes just happen to have harps? "He usually plays when feeling down. Most Hyraxes do."
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 4:45 pm

Life stiffened and his face turned to a bright reddish color and it was highly noticeable, he looked around at nothing inpreticular, just trying to not look down at Katie, Desire smirked a little but said nothing about what was happening. Kyuubi looked at the two Hyraxes and realized how similar the two were...and yet...they were so different...he listened to the soothing tune of the harp, the Hollow was on it's back and stopped rolling, it was calm and appeared as if it was falling asleep to the song.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 5:05 pm

Katie let go of Life. "You'll get through this." She went back to examining the stunned Hyrax, occasionally making a noise at the other, who simply nodded. The Hyrax was amused by the Hollow. Upon closer examination, the new Hyrax didn't have scars at all. He was calm and spoke as if speaking to a friend, not like the stunned one who was unstable and spoke as if angry constantly.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 5:12 pm

Life, still very red in the face shifted and looked at the ground, Desire almost laughed out loud but managed to restrict it to a small chuckle. The Hollow breathed heavily as it slept but it rolled around ocasionaly in it's sleep and it made some strange and amusing noises when ever it rolled.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 5:21 pm

"I didn't mean to embarrass you. I felt empathetic towards your pain." Katie looked at Life, then shifted her gaze to Desire. "You've been to Hyrax's mind. It's a very real, physical place." The Hyrax looked over to Desire before a cherry blossom fell onto her nose.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 7:22 pm

Desire looked the cherry blossom a little cross eyed, Daybreak looked at it too. Life shook his head and the red faded away, "th-thank you for your comport...it was...very much a-appreciated " he stammered a little but brushed himself off. Desire thought out loud, "Hyrax's mind is an actual place? You mean like a separate world?" she picked up the cherry blossom up with her thumb and first finger and looked at it in the Palm of her hand.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 8:25 pm

"You can see it as one. It's more like a pocket dimension." The Hyrax's strumming has slowed. "They like cherry blossoms, but I would imagine you know that."
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 9:20 pm

"yea, I kinda figured it out on my own." Desire joked and smiled slightly to Katie. Kyuubi looks at Life who waves his hands in a gesture that says "I'm fine I'm fine, don't worry about it." Kyuubi smiled.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 9:35 pm

"I can feel various levels of disdain towards this Hyrax." Katie seems to be examining the wounds clustered across Hyrax's body. Katie makes a strange noise towards her Hyrax, who looks up and stops playing the harp. "Well then. That is going to be interesting." "Indeed." The Hyrax shakes the thought from mind and walks around the group, studying each member closely, but being sure to keep his distance as to not cause problems.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 9:50 pm

The Hollow looked up and  when he noticed Hyrax stopped playing the harp. The group watched the Hyrax but did not seem to be threatened by his circleinng, but they all still watched him though. "What's going to be interesting?" Kyuubi asked also keeping an eye on the second Hyrax.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 9:55 pm

"You all seem to be a highly capable group. Lots of power, yet lots of friendship. You are most certainly favored by the Gods of Edgarix." The Hyrax returns to the Hollow and plays a more lively tune for it. "Almost done examining this one. Do no tell him we were here. It could end badly for you." The Katie is now standing on the Hyrax, poking at his back.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 10:15 pm

Tide stepped forwards "wait!" he called to Katie "what about the cycle? Do you know anything about it?" he retracted a bit after saying this Shade squinted at Tide but didn't speak. Daybreak stepped towards Kyuubi but just decided to stand next to him. The Hollow stood up and started dancing to the music that Hyrax was making, it's mood appeared to be easily manipulated by music.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 10:25 pm

"Of course I know about the cycle. Funny enough, my Hyrax does not go through a cycle. It is actually the reason for us coming here. We tend to check on other Hyraxes and Katies. This one is quite close to reaching the final phase. Usually a Hyrax hibernates until it is time, but for some reason, this one isn't. Strange. Once it goes off, I can't stress how important you all will become. However, I can't also stress how dangerous it will be." Katie looks to the group and her Hyrax looks to the group as well, but doesn't stop the harp. It finds too much entertainment in watching the Hollow.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2017 4:34 pm

Everyone looks to another person in the group, they all think to them selves about what Katie just said. Tide crossed his arms and smiled and closed his eyes, apparently he'd gone back to his cocky old self again, he chuckled a little. Kyuubi got currious, "do you know, or have a prediction, on when we should be expecting the cycle to start? I just want to be prepared for when it does happen." Daybreak looked up at him and then looked at the two Hyraxes, the Hollow was having too much fun dancing and jumping around.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2017 5:08 pm

"At the very least... A few days..." Katie looked grim. "At most... about two to three weeks..." The Hyrax looked over at Tide. "What are you smirking at? This event could potentially cost you your life." Despite the Hyrax's look on his face, it didn't yell. It spoke rather quietly too.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2017 7:14 pm

"that's part of the fun." his smile widened, everyone looked at Tide, clearly he was one to go looking for life threatening sitchuations for fun. Kyuubi turned back to Katie "then when it happens. We'll be ready for it." he nodded, Daybreak looked up at him and smiled, his eyes seemed to light up and he turned to Katie and nodded as well, each member of the group did the same, all except the Hollow who seemed to be oblivious to the situation. They stood together.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2017 7:28 pm

"I really don't know whether to say you are all courageous or foolish. If you ever hope to succeed, there is an artifact that can surely help you. It is a stick. Normally, this dimension's Katie would have it, but this Hyrax had some... Ulterior plans. In short, it's been taken to his home and hidden." Katie looks to Life. "And you especially, are NOT going to like where it was hidden." The other Hyrax continued to strum, lost for words or information to give.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2017 8:07 pm

Kyuubi squinted "where is it?" he was extremely currious now and leaned forward a little. Daybreak looked at Kyuubi, "a stick?" he asked but wasn't really expecting a response.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2017 8:12 pm

"It's in a place known as the 'Nephilim's Chamber'. You won't find the room by normal means. Even my Hyrax doesn't have such a room." Katie shuttered. "I would tell you it isn't just an ordinary stick, but yeah. It's just a stick."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Company and Calamity
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next